- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Expat living in China? Stumped as to what to do during all these public holidays? As you know in Early June, there is the holiday of the Dragon Boat Festival. Life becomes hectic, major cities become incredibly crowded and inconvenient, not least tourist sites. We however, here at Visit North Korea, are offering you a fantastic opportunity to get away from it all! During this public holiday we’re running a bargain budget delegation to North Korea, set from (June 7th-9th), this amazing trip gives you a great opportunity to see highlights of the world’s most secretive country.
Our delegation will start in Dandong, the border city to North Korea, where we will meet as a group and get the train into Pyongyang. Here we’ll meet our guides at the station who will take us to the hotel. Afterwards, our tour will consist of a hotspot view around North Korea’s capital city. This will include a ride on the Pyongyang Metro, the chance go to the top of Juche Tower, a walk around the famous Kim Il-Sung Square, a tour of the glamorous “Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum” and many more!
This fantastically priced trip is guaranteed to leave a strong impression on you and offer a unique glimpse into the world’s most misunderstood country. It’s an exciting and innovative way to spend your summer!
Payment will involve either making a 50% deposit two months before the tour (April 7th), and then paying the reminder within one month of it (May 7th)- or if this deadline is already passed, paying 100% accordingly. For methods, please inquire at [email protected]
Friday 7th June- Entering the DPRK
- Meet your guide at 8:00am inside the entrance of the Dandong Railway Station to collect your train tickets, North Korean visa and head through Chinese exit customs!
- All Board the 9:25am train from Dandong. We'll head over the river towards Sinuiju where we'll go through DPRK entry procedure.
- After this is done, the train will head onwards to Pyongyang. Enjoy the incredible and humbling scenes of the North Korean countryside along the way.
- Whilst travelling, you can buy optional lunch on the train (50RMB extra)
- 6:45pm arrival in Pyongyang where we will meet our guides on the platform
- We'll open our stay with a brief driving city tour of Pyongyang, including us stopping at Kim Il Sung Square for a walk and pictures
- Check in to the Pyongyang Youth Hotel
Saturday 8th June
- We'll begin our tour with a look around the main sites of Pyonygang. We'll head to Mansudae Fountain Park and see the mosaics of leaders Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il.
- Up from the fountain park, we'll go to the Mansudae Grand Monument – the two large bronze statues of President Kim Il Sung and Leader Kim Jong Il overlooking the city. Here will be expected to bow, flowers may be purchased as an optional extra.
- As part of our tour's focus, we will take note to the monument of resistance against the Japanese occupation, illustrating the struggle of Korea against Imperial rule from 1905-1945
- Afterwards it is time to see the Grand People's Study House- heralded as North Korea's largest library, built in a traditional Korean style. Check out the courses being taught to foreigners here, as well as the peculiar collection of foreign language books.
- From the study house we'll go for a walk around Kim Il-Sung Square, heading towards Pyongyang's Foreign Language Bookshop – here you can buy books, pins, DVD’s, CD’s and periodicals in English and other foreign Languages
- It's time for a delicious Lunch in the KITC restaurant to try the famous Pyongyang Cold Noodles or a specialty Bibimap.
- After lunch, we'll continue with a trip on the Pyongyang Metro – we'll be taking five stops, getting off at the Arch of Triumph. In line with the theme of the tour The arch celebrates the return of Kim Il Sung after the anti-Japanese war. We'll enter the arch to learn more about this much heralded resistance!
- Next up is the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum. Let the fantastic guide will show us around the magnificent museum which contains weapons, tanks, etc., and captured American equipment!
- After we'll be boarding a ship, the U.S.S Pueblo- the only US Naval Ship still held captive by another nation. Witness the living quarters of American spies and observe the bullet holes in the walls where they exchanged fire with DPRK sailors
- Next up is the Worker's Party Monument- built in 1995 to celebrate 50 years since the party's establishment in the DPRK. The three fists symbolize agriculture, industry and intellectualism
- Stop by the local Mansugyo Beer Bar for refreshments – here there are seven different types of locally brewed beer! Soft drinks, coffee and juices also available
- We'll settle down afterwards for dinner and drinks at the National restaurant with performance!
- Overnight at the Youth Hotel
Sunday 9th June
- It's time to say goodbye. Check out of the hotel and head to Pyongyang railway station to board the 10:20 train to Dandong!
- Lunch is available on the train, we'll be arriving at 5pm! Here we will part as a group. If you need to make any accommodation or a way out of Dandong please let us know!
- All meals
- All accommodation in North Korea
- Guides and sites
- Return train trip Dandong-Pyongyang
- Any National/International flights
- DPRK visa (50 euros)
- Any visa for entering china (At minimum, a double entry visa is mandatory for this trip)
- Any optional spending in North Korea (gifts, tips, etc)
No Details Found