Are you looking for a chance to witness North Korea on a limited budget? Visit North Korea presents to you the Pyongyang … » Learn More about Pyongyang City Budget Summer Tour
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Are you looking for a chance to witness North Korea on a limited budget? Visit North Korea presents to you the Pyongyang City Budget Summer tour, a Pyongyang tour which comes at minimum price but with maximum experience!
This special two day program focuses on all the best known sites of Pyongyang, discovering the capital of the DPRK with a quality depth. Arriving by train from China, the Pyongyang tour will involve us exploring Juche Tower, the Pyongyang Metro, the Grand People’s Study House, Kim Il-Square, the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum and many more!
The Pyongyang tour package is inclusive of train fares, hotel fees and all meals. It’s simple, it’s quick, it’s affordable and it’s surreal!
Friday 13th July
- Meet your guides at 8:00am inside the entrance of the Dandong Railway Station to collect train ticket, DPRK visa and go through DPRK procedure. We board the train and head across the bridge into Sinuiju, where border and customs begin. After several hours at customs, we continue onwards through the scenic DPRK countryside into Pyongyang. Lunch can be purchased on board. We will arrive at Pyongyang station at 5pm where we can meet our guides.
- The tour will begin with a swift evening tour of the city. We'll stop by at Kim il-Sung square for a walk and take some pictures. Afterwards, we'll check in to the Sosan Hotel where we'll have dinner and then grab some drinks afterwards.
Saturday 14th July
- After breakfast we'll go through a walk around the beautiful Mansudae Fountain Park and see Mosaics of the country's leaders. Afterwards we'll head upwards to the Mansudae Grand Monument – the two large bronze statues of President Kim Il Sung and Leader Kim Jong Il overlooking the city. Here the Koreans pay respects to the country's leaders, it is a sacred place.
- Next is the Grand People's Study House, the biggest library in the DPRK and a centre of learning where many courses are taught. This grand building is built in traditional Korean style and there is a tremendous view of Kim-Il Sung Square and the city.
- We'll pop by the Foreign Language Bookstore- here you can buy great souvenirs including books, lapel pins, DVD’s, CD’s and periodicals in English and other foreign Languages.
- We'll be having lunch in the KITC restaurant. You can choose either the famous Pyongyang cold noodles or a delicious local Bibimap.
- Next is a ride on the Pyongyang Metro. We'll head across 6 stations, stopping at one, we'll get off at the Arch of Triumph, where the resistance to Japanese colonialism is celebrated. Try out some ice cream in the meanwhile from a local vendor!
- Afterwards we will visit the "Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum" let the expert military guide show you around the museum featuring dioramas, locally used weapons, tanks etc, and captured American/allied equipment! Discover North Korea's understanding of the war and its significance to their country.
- We'll also see the USS Pueblo here – the only US Naval Ship still held captive by another nation.
- Next, it's time for a trip to Juche Tower- the tallest stone column tower in the world. Here we can learn about the Juche ideology, the guiding philosophy of the DPRK which represents a struggle for independence and destiny in the world. For an optional 5 euro, you'll be able to head to the top and see a panoramic view of all Pyongyang!
- Drop by a local beer bar- where we can try three different microbrews on tap, 2 euros each.
- Finally, we'll be having dinner at the National Restaurant where we'll be treated with a fantastic performance from the waitresses! Overnight at the Sosan Hotel afterwards.
Sunday 15th July Morning
- It's time to say goodbye. We'll check out of the hotel and visit a few more sites around the city for photo opportunities, before heading to the station and boarding the 10:10am train for Dandong!
- Trains to and from Dandong-DPRK
- All guides and main site entry fees (excluding add ons)
- Hotels and meals
- All visas- (A Chinese double entry visa will be required- a transit visa does not suffice for this trip)
- Tips for guides
- Any optional drinks or spending
- Any optional add on sites that may occur (such as the Juche tower roof fee, flowers for statues, etc)
No Details Found