The past two months have heralded big news for Visit North Korea. We once again achieved worldwide news by opening an official SAFC branch in the DPRK, the first of its kind in the world. We now have a plan in place to donate Sunderland shirts to the country, focusing on Pyongyang’s very own football academy for youth (ages 7-17). Soon, we aim to send a delegation there to make this dream a reality and even attend an Asian Champions League Game! But have you ever thought about shirts going the other way? Not only we will be bringing Wearside to Pyongyang, but we will bringing Taedongside (The name of the city’s river) to Sunderland!
How are we going to do this? We are now to proud to announce a fantastic competition for a Sunderland fan to win a real North Korean national football team jersey, sent to you by us via post! A preview of one similar to what you will receive is visible in the picture above next to the SAFC shirt, being all red with white trims on it, a flag on the crest area and “KOREA DPR” on the back.
How do you take part in this exciting competition? Simply share our facebook post on it and tag a mate in it. But there’s one more thing: When you win it, we want you to send us a photograph of you standing in front of the Stadium of Light wearing it! As a secondary prize: You will also be eligible to receive a discount on any of our tours and programs if you wish! Either way, this is your opportunity to take part in one of the most remarkable cultural exchanges that is taking place. People of the world should not be divided by politics and conflict, but instead united through a common passion for the world’s most favourite sport!
- Must be a Sunderland A.F.C fan of no shorter than 5 years (with a serious commitment to the club)
- Must currently live within Sunderland or the surrounding region of North East England
- Must be at least 16 years of age (we do not have children’s shirts on offer)
- Must attend at least several SAFC games a season
How to participate
- Please tag you friends in the comment section of our official facebook page post on the competition and then share it into your own timeline!
- The closing date for this competition will be Wednesday 1st May
- A prize draw will then be made and the winner will be contacted by us!
- Note: As a T&C we reserve the right to scrutinize the aforementioned requirements in the winner before sending the product in question. We may ask you for evidence upon selection if it does not appear obvious.