Kim Il-Sung is the founder of North Korea, ruling from the establishment of the state in 1945 up to his death in 1994. In DPRK politics, his life and legacy have been immortalized to an extent seen nowhere else on Earth. He is as the country’s constitution terms it the DPRK’s “eternal president”. The anniversary of his birth, April 15th, 1912 (the day the titanic sank) is consequentially a national holiday in the country, titled … » Learn More about Kim Il Sung Anniversary Tour
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Kim Il-Sung is the founder of North Korea, ruling from the establishment of the state in 1945 up to his death in 1994. In DPRK politics, his life and legacy have been immortalized to an extent seen nowhere else on Earth. He is as the country’s constitution terms it the DPRK’s “eternal president”. The anniversary of his birth, April 15th, 1912 (the day the titanic sank) is consequentially a national holiday in the country, titled “day of the sun“. It is the most special day of the year in the country.
Our Kim Il-Sung anniversary delegation gives you an outstanding opportunity to witness this unique event, explore the country and comprehend the DPRK’s personality politics at its epitome. We will be starting this tour in Beijing and heading there by train with a small stop in Dandong. We’ll be staying at the Sosan Hotel. Once we’re in Pyongyang, as the birthday of Kim il-Sung arrives, attendees will have the chance to witness sublime national celebrations, which will include performances, a mass dance with locals, potentially a military parade and evening fireworks. Whilst visiting the most popular sites including Juche Tower, the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum, the Pyongyang Metro and more, we’ll also be spending a day visiting Kaesong and the DMZ border with South Korea, an area that has increasingly made history after hosting meetings between Kim Jong un, Moon Jae in and Donald Trump.
Above all, this is a premium quality tour available at a bargain price of 895 euros. Payment is possible through either paypal or international bank transfer, beginning with a 30% deposit and the rest being brought on the day of the tour. For an additional fee, we can process your North Korean visa too, a straightforwards and uncomplicated process! The birthday of Kim il-Sung is a surreal experience. Don’t miss out on one of the biggest moments to experience North Korea in 2019!
Sunday 12th April
- Meet your Visit North Korea guide and the rest of the group at 1:30pm at the Beijing Zhong Gu Hotel next to Beijing Railway Station. During this meeting, we’ll overview the trip itinerary, hand out DPRK visas and train tickets, as well as answer any questions you might have about the trip
- Unless you have opted for an Air Koryo flight, you'll be departing Beijing Central station at 5:25pm for the 24 hour sleeper ride to Pyongyang.
Monday 13th April
- Those on the overnight train will arrive at Dandong at 7am. You'll have a couple of hours to grab lunch before heading back into the station for Chinese customs and exit.
- The train for Pyongyang will depart at 10am
- Those flying to the DPRK will depart from Beijing Airport Terminal 2 on Air Koryo, we will meet at the airport check in counter!
- Those on the train will arrive at Pyongyang in the evening at 6.45 where the guides will meet you on the platform.
- We will commence our stay in the DPRK with dinner at a local restaurant on Ryomyong Street, a district opened in 2017 by Kim Jong un
- After dinner, we will check into the Sosan hotel
Tuesday 14th April
- We'll commence the day with a morning walk from the Pyongyang Theatre down to Kim Il Sung Square
- After checking out the square, we'll visit the Pyongyang Foreign Language bookstore- a great place to buy books to learn about North Korea, as well as other souvenirs, newspapers, postcards, dvds and other titbits
- After we'll head to Mansudae Fountain park where we can see mosaic pictures of President Kim Il Sung and the leader Kim Jong Il.
- We'll head up to the nearby Mansudae Grand Hill Monument – the two large bronze statues of President Kim Il Sung and Leader Kim Jong Il overlooking the city. Here we will be kindly asked to pay our respects, flowers are optional if you wish.
- Now for Juche Tower- This stone column monument is the tallest of its kind in the world. It represents the eternally burning flame of the Juche ideology (Optional extra 5 euro to go to the top and see a panaromic view of all Pyongyang!
- We'll grab lunch at the delicious Pyongyang Hotpot restaurant
- After lunch it's time to visit the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum – as North Korea tell their own story of the conflict between 1950-1953, you can see captured American weapons and vehicles, displays and dioramas from famous battles and much more!
Outside the museum, all aboard the USS Pueblo – the only US Naval Vessel held captured by another country, seized off the coast of Wonsan in 1968!
- Next is the Worker's Party Monument – this enormous sculpture was built in 1995 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Worker’s Party. Its three hands emphasize industry, agriculture and intellectualism.
- Fancy some shopping? We'll next be going to the Kwangbok department store, Pyongyang's largest and most popular supermarket. It is home to exclusive North Korean brands, where you can use real local korean won currency!
- We'll have dinner at the impressive Haeyang Restaurant
- Optional: You can go to the Kaeson fun fair at night, a real North Korean theme park! Each ride is 2 euros for entry!
- Back to the hotel
Wednesday 15th April : The Day of the Sun, Birthday of President Kim Il Sung
- First up we will tour the Grand People's Study House. The study house is the largest library in the DPRK. It is also a centre of education and courses. Check out their collection of Foreign Language Books, as well as their funky music room!
- Afterwards it's time for a ride on the Pyongyang Metro! We'll be going 6 stops before heading out to the Arch of Triumph- Like that in Paris, but bigger! This magnificent structure celebrates the victory over Japan and the liberation of Korea
- Well have at the Chicken Restaurant on Moran Hill- delicious KFC: Korean Fried Chicken
- As we explore the holiday atmosphere, we'll walk around Moranbong park to drink, dance and celebrate the holiday with the locals.
- In the park we well see the Mangyongdae Native House– the claimed Birthplace of the President Kim Il Sung and where he spent the early years of his childhood. Pay attention to how they depict his life and how it is designed to match ideology of the regime.
- Special events (optional: approx 20 euros) –These may include a parade, a circus performance, and possibly some other surprises.
- We'll be joining in a famous North Korean mass dance with local university students- a fantastic opportunity to get involved with locals
- Dinner at the KITC No.1 Restaurant. You can try famous Pyongyang Cold Noodles, Raenngmyeon, or the delicious traditional Korean rice dish, Bibimbap.
- Next, we will wrap up the evening with locals at Kim Il Sung Square and watch the fireworks light up over the Taedong River to celebrate his birthday
- Back to the hotel!
Thursday 16th April
- Today is our Kaesong and DMZ day! A very early start as we've got a lot of ground to cover. Our first stop is the Koryo Museum- An ancient centre of learning at the heart of the ancient Koryo Dynasty. See old Korean artifacts, clothing, coinage and weaponry!
- Outside of the museum sits the Korea stamp stop! Stock up on your stamps, postcards, posters and other memorabilia here!
- Now it's time for the DMZ. First, we'll stop the Panmunjom Gift shop, where you will have another chance to buy hand painted propaganda posters and other assortments
- Our soldier guide, a real KPA officer, will then lead us into the DMZ. He will show us around Panmunjom village where the Armistice talks were held, as well as the signed document itself!
- Next he will take us through to the Joint Security Area, where North Korean, South Korean and American soldiers famously stand face off! Now, it is becoming a centre of peace and subsequently, relaxed in contrast to pass times. There may be an opportunity to cross over into the South Korean side and see the tree planted by Kim Jong-un and President Moon Jae-in last April (we cannot enter South Korea proper
- Lunch at the Tongil Restaurant in Kaesong- try our traditional Korean Pansangi- a series of assorted dishes served in bronze bowls. (Optional extras- If you're feeling daring, there is Dog Soup at 5 euro! Or, you can even buy a share a ginseng chicken, apparently it's good for health
- We'll srop by Sariwon City (Capital of North Hwanghae province) to walk in the historic folklore park. We'll also have the chance to view the city from the mountaintop pagoda.
- Re-entering Pyongyang, we will stop at the the Monument to the Three Charters of National Reunification, otherwise known as "the Arch of Reunification"- longing for the day Korea is reunified
- Dinner at the Lamb BBQ restaurant
- Back to the hotel
Friday 17th April: Departure
- Those flying out will depart Pyongyang at 9:00am on Air Koryo, arriving in Beijing at 9:55am local time.
- For those taking the train, we will depart at 10:25am for Beijing. The train will head back to Sinuiju for customs and then back into Dandong, before heading onwards overnight to China's capital, ending the tour on Saturday 18th.
No details found.
No details found.
No Details Found