This upcoming March, it’s reading week time again at HKU! Whilst it is a time of designated study, it is also a time for field trips and travel. For many students, this is an opportunity to embark on exciting new adventures around the region of an educational nature. As a result, since 2016 we at Visit North Korea have participated in promoting student orientated programs on campus to visit the DPRK. We have provided dozens of both domestic and international students a high quality and affordable opportunity to witness the world’s most secret state.
Given this, we are now proud to announce the launch of this year’s program that we will be promoting on campus: The International Women’s Day Budget Tour set this coming March (7th-9th) during the reading week!.This is a tour that could not be tailored better for students seeking an affordable, quick and uncomplicated view into North Korea which doesn’t eat up the entire week. It is ideal for those whom lack the resources, time and ability to commit to a larger tour.
What will it consist of exactly? Our group will travel to Dandong, China, where we will meet and enter North Korea by train. We will be staying at the International Youth Hotel in Pyongyang. The itinerary itself will explore the major sites of the city, whilst giving insight and emphasis into the role of women in the DPRK and how this might change in the future. Such sites will include, but are not limited to:
- The Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum- The official war museum of the DPRK which offers the country’s “account” of the conflict between 1950-1953
- Juche Tower– The giant stone column tower commonly seen in Pyongyang
- Kim Il-Sung Square– The giant, famous public square always seen on television and during parades
- The Pyongyang Metro– We will be riding 6 stops on this unique East German and Soviet style subway system!
- The Grand People’s Study House– The country’s largest library, also a centre of higher education
- The Mansudae Grand Hill Monument– The gigantic statues of the country’s leaders
The 475 euro tour fee will include all of your accommodation, trains and meals whilst on the trip, making it an exceptional price to discover North Korea. With peace now emerging on the peninsula and the summit between Kim and Trump upcoming, this is one of the best, most exciting and most dynamic times to visit the country. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]